Sunday, June 13, 2010

Today has been the coolest day!  We are spending the day in Sisters, and this morning we stole yet another shower from Sister's High School because the boys basketball tournament was still going on!  Then, the tournament moms offered us pancakes for free!!  Rachel's FAVORITE!  Since it's our day off after the mountain climb of yesterday, we put on our sundresses, make-up, and entered civilization for a day of fun!  We took our bikes into Eurosport (an awesome bike shop) to get my inner chain ring fixed so that I can climb the next mountain in 1st gear instead of 2nd like yesterday.  While Jason worked on our bikes, Rachel and I headed to the coffee shop where we had warm coffee and Jesus time on a comfy couch!  We headed back to pick up our bikes, and I ended up loaning my bike out to a woman named Alison because hers was broken.  I have her wallet so hopefully she'll bring back my Fisher of Men.  I'm not worried about it though... this trip has taught me to trust.  We "paid" Jason (although he barely charged us for his awesome labor), and before we could even leave he offered us his guest house for the night!!!!  Rachel and I are now going to be staying in a house with a bed, shower, and tv!  If there is one thing I've learned along this trip, it's that people are so GOOD.  Our adventure started out a little rocky with lots of rain and tough mountain climbs, but we are getting to see people at their best as they keep lifting us up!  Maybe we just look so pitifully tired and hungry, but the people of Oregon have been housing us, feeding us, and loving on us.  It makes me want to give and give and give back to them.  Hopefully, that's what the rest of my life will look like. :)

1 comment:

  1. The cool Canadian "old guys" made it home safe and sound on June 12 as planned.
    Lots of laughs and memories from our "wild evening" in Pacific City. Sounds like you are having a great time...cheers..Tom.

    ReplyDelete